Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alhamdulillah... Review went well... Alhamdulillah


Alhamdulillah. Had my annual review just now for an hour (from 3-4pm). It is not time to celebrate, just a pat on my back is more than enough.

I was excited and thus a bit hyper (blame it on chocolates and tea).

I don't know what to expect from the review so I came to the room with an open mind that it will be a great presentation. I delivered my presentation for about 20 minutes. And THEN, it is time for the reviewers to ask me questions.

Mike, the first reviewer commented that
- it seems that I know what I am doing and it looks like I am on the right track (first of all, he congratulated me for reasons that I don't know - it is kind of spooky as if it is like a real viva). He even suggested that I should present on the monthly seminar (which I dreaded to do given a fact that I don't have an solid data to present - my excuse)

Jim, the second reviewer suggested few things that I should do (which I have done and wrote in my chapters). The thing is, what can you put in a 5000 words report? It seems a lot but my chapter 2 has more than 20k words. So to comprise the literature review into just 2000 words really does not justify the 20k words literature review.

Barbara and Steve seem pleased with my progress. I will meet Barbara next week. Looking forward to the meeting with her next week.

My review?
- I can't wait to present for my viva which will due in a year time or so. I can't wait for the examiners to congratulate me and call me Dr.
- I have to finish my questionnaire (editing it which seems ages for me to complete) by tomorrow.
- Don't be complacent with the review. Have to maintain my performance no matter what.

When Mike asked me what contributions that I will give based on my research to Malaysia, I told him that I just want to make sure that my students will have a course about giftedness, not as a subtopic under the introduction to educational psychology subject.

Mike said it is very humble contribution. Me? Little Dij? Contribute big things in Malaysia? Are we talking about the same person here? He must be kidding, right?

Anyway, I am glad that it is over. It went well as I visualised it to be. I even sat at the same chair (gosh... kind of spooky, isn't it? It is like a dejavu thing. I imagined things to happen that way and it really happened according to what I have imagined)

Alhamdulillah.

No comments: