Monday, December 29, 2008

Maal Hijrah

It is a new year for Muslims. So I celebrate this one every year instead of the Gregorian new year.

Everyone and anyone more or less will fuss over new year resolutions. Do I have any? Did I ever make one? I don't think I ever made any resolutions. I do have plans - long term, short term or indecisive plans (for plans that yet to be decided). Aims? I do have aims. Every aims I have a dateline (which is changeable accordingly - hey sometimes thing happens unexpected so aims has to be amended).

Wishlists? I have a long list for that. Previously I did write it down every thing that I want to do: Finish degree on time (did that), further study - Masters (did that), Phd (I never specifically write this one down I think) .... well, I have forgot some of them (purposely forget it - have passed the dateline by now).

New wishlists? I want to list all of them but I think it won't be enough space here or people will start to fall asleep when they read it (like a boring novel or text book or journal).

What I wish and what I don't are just a part of my life. Yeah. No need to publicize it.

Oh ya, I wish that I could share this experience that I have with others. I know it is a common kind of thing to do but for someone who never do it before, I think it is a good thing to know. Here is the thing. While shopping on the boxing day, I have the privilege to perform solat zuhur and 'asr in the fitting room of a shopping mall. Previously, I was either on musafir or have VALID excuse of not performing the wajib ibadah. Alhamdulillah. I feel blessed and content. I used to take things for granted given the fact that in any shopping mall in Malaysia, usually there is a surau. Here, even a masjid is hard to find. Alhamdulillah, a fitting room is more than enough for me and my friends to perform our solat. Alhamdulillah, I am given a chance to prostrate to Allah regardless of the place.

When I went to Edinburgh with my best friends and her family, I purposely went to Edinburgh masjid. I want to make sure that we have proper place to perform our solat. I feel glad that we did that. Everyone is happy with the decision and with the fact that there is a place to eat nearby the masjid is a double blessing. Ya Allah, I thankful that I am given abundant choices to choose and the ease to perform my ibadah no matter the circumstances are. Ya Allah, please grant me Your Blessing and give ease on things that I do in life. Amin.

No comments: