Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We meet and then....


Last Saturday we had a farewell party for Z****. I'm kind of feeling sad. Before, it was M**, N****, H*****, and P**. They left when I was in Malaysia. We did have a get together before they left. I feel a tug until now when I go to some of the places that we used to go together. Especially the places that I used to go with M**. A sight of my Whittard or Jamie Oliver's mug always leave me feeling a tug in my heart. People come and people go. Friendship that last forever will endure anything. This is just a temporary parting.

We are lucky with the internet and whatnot. So we still can catch up with one another and shares good or bad news. Latest development. M** is pregnant. Upon hearing the good news from M** - she is pregnant, I was elated. Alhamdulillah. Some said that perhaps my prayers are being answered. Before, it is Kak N***** and now, it's M**. I do pray for others for their studies in every prayers. When I went for umrah, specifically I do pray for them - especially for studies and jodoh/married life.

My best friend has arrived in UK and she is in Leicester for a day. She will arrive Durham today around 3 pm. I need to pick them up at the train station. I was anxious. Too anxious I think. Last Tuesday (2 Dec) I received a call from Auntie Tatih. I can still hear her voice telling me that her son is coming from France. Gosh!!! I feel like screaming on top of my lung because my best friend is coming to Durham on 9 Dec and there is no way that I can go to London and come back Durham on the same day they come to Durham. Ya Allah, is this a sign that I need to be aware of? Auntie Tatih is an Indonesian woman I met while performing umrah last September. Married to an Englishman. She is a lady with a strong character and I think that is something that we have in common. I can be stubborn and hard-to-please when I want to, to selected people. My mom really knows me too well on this. I can be nice and sweet and I also can make someone's life a living hell. Muahahhahahhaha

When I did umrah, I was tested. Usually, I am not that patient but while performing umrah, I am quite surprise that I was calm, cool and collected with my mom. Yeah, my mom was tested too. I never see her behaving in certain manner while in Malaysia. Alhamdulillah, I am glad that I can lavish her with the things that she likes (but hesitate to have with her tight budget). That's one of the things I was tested with. With my mom, she knows that when it comes to branded and expensive things, I am in. hehehehhehe... siapa la yg ajar ni!!!! My mom sure does not teach me that.

Sometimes, parents do influence us in many ways but in many cases, when we reach adulthood there are lots of factors that influence us. Life has countless influential factors. We are the one who make the choice and decide which factors that we want to influence our life. Yeah... we can choose.... certainly.... at most of the time.... the rest, tawakal (only after we have done our best)....ayyyy ...

No comments: