Thursday, January 15, 2009

Convocation ... Congregation.... Graduation

For everyone who have been through the process of going on the stage receiving their scrolls, it's one of the most memorable event that will stay with them as long as they live.

Being far away from home, it is a great deal to have someone to celebrate the moment with you. So without a second thought, I decided to go to Sarvin's convocation when she asked me to come to her congregation. Although the place and the melody that they play to accompany every steps of the graduants are different from my alma mater as they walk in to the nave, yet the feeling is still the same. Strange enough I can't control my tears from falling. I never cried on my graduation day. Seeing Sarvin shook hand with the NC I just let my tears rolled down. I dont care if the uncle who was seating beside me saw me crying. Sarvin, I am so proud of you.

I made a promise to myself that I will be among the graduants in June 2010 congregation, wearing the scarlet robe with my pink baju kurung. I will.

I know things will be harder than it is now. With the data collection, statistical analysis, transcribing interviews and writing up thesis, the process will be a tough one. I know. Physically, I am affected by all the stress and sleepless nights now. I know. With a bout of diarrhea every time I stress, I don't know how long I will survive the ordeal. I know I will get through this alright although I don't have any idea how I will survive and pass the phase now.

I pray that my mom and dad will be here to see me shaking hand with the NC. That's why I am really determined to attend the June congregation. It's summer. Although it is not as hot as Malaysia, I pray that my parents are fit as fiddle and can bear the weather and the long distance journey to see their youngest child receives the highest academic certification.

I don't know if I will buy the Durham University robe. I know I can always wear it for every convocations that I have to attend in UTM. But, it's a bit costly. Around GBP500. Heck, with that I should get myself a diamond platinum ring which I can flash around more often (yeah, it is a self-acclamation statement that I don't need a guy to put a ring on my finger).

To make sure that my dreams will come true, hard work is a must with lots of prayers. Ayy... after all, life is nothing without dreams and prayers.

No comments: