Monday, February 9, 2009

Another glitch...

Life is never a smooth sailing journey. I checked my university email and just found out that the annual review will be held on 5 March. Tried to negotiate with my supervisor. It seems that she is tired of arranging and rearranging things for me and the department. I tried to call the Emirates office but failed to get them. I feel that I need to get a fresh air and thus, I went to their office in Newcastle airport. Got things settle and have to pay extra less than 100pound. Alhamdulillah. This is just a minor glitch.

Called Kak N***** and jokingly said to her that perhaps I should pay more zakat. I think I must with the fact that my salary has been increased since last year and the year before, I guess this is the sign that I must zakat more.

Ya Allah, I am grateful that You gives me hidayah to double check my life. How many times do we have the privilege to double check our life? Life is too short. Just a glitch like that, I can deal with it even though I feel a bit numb because I was a bit panic. It is just a matter of fight-or-flight situation. I flight this time. Finding solution that would please my supervisor. That's what important right now.

My best friend sent me emails - two days in a row. Apparently, something happened and she told me that I am pushing it too far this time around. Whatever! The thing is I have moved on. I really am. Whatever it is, I have my own stand. New stand. I know it might take her sometime to get used to the New me.

Life is about changing, adapting, adjusting and making choices. So long as I know what I am doing, do not do anything that against Islam, nothing else matters.

No comments: