Thursday, February 19, 2009

Positive vibes.....

I always anxious when it comes to meeting my supervisors. With Steve, even though I know his sexual orientation, yet I always feel anxious like going for the first date every time I am meeting him. I know. Some might say "Ewwww" but in this sense, I just can't help myself from staring at his blue eyes. So cantik ok? (ayat Min suka guna).

With Barbara that I like to dub as my future MIL (for the fact that I could be her next DIL given the fact that she has an eligible son, *** studying PhD in Chemistry in Cambridge - Perasannya!!!!). So, how does it feel to meet your MIL for the first time? That's the feeling that I have every time I am meeting her.

I was reading this book, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It is like any other self-motivation book. The power of visualisation etc.

In Islam, we have similar concept. The power of Tawakal. Total submission of our destiny to Allah. Anyway, I am not going to elaborate on this thing.

What I did to prepare myself before going to meet my future MIL is, I visualised her welcoming me with her cheerful smile. After a while, I visualised her showing me anything that I need to edit in my report. I visualised myself having a good conversation with her. Guess what?

Every single thing that I visualised came true! A kind of spooky. It happened.

My next mission is to visualise the meeting that I will have with Steve next week. Ahhh.... I can see his extra neat room, his coats, extra ties hanging nicely on its place. The discussion will be great with lots of input from him. I visualise him telling me what statistical analysis that I could play around with as an alternative to factor analysis.

*************************************************************************************

S****** cried. Gosh, apa la minah Jepun ni menangiskan lagi hari ni? Detik hati. Remember Dja, positive vibes. Positive vibes. So I asked her, what's wrong? She replied that it has something to do with her work and social life. Apparently, she has this flatmate who likes to irritate her to the maximum. I see. That's the problems. Or should I say, the challenges.

Positive vibes. Positive vibes. I told her that she should not worry too much about it. People might irritate you ONLY if you let yourself to get irritated by them. Don't let yourself to be sad unnecessarily over small thing. Don't sweat over a small stuff.

Each of us have our own problem when it comes to research. No one is spared from not having any problem about their research. There are lots of glitches here and there. In a positive tone, I told her that perhaps what she needs is time to let the information, ideas to digest so that she can produce better work. (speaking of which, I am also in a state of never ending confusion that I just dont know when it will end). Talking to her is like talking to myself. Yeah, take it easy, Dja.

The problems that we have is just problems. It needs to be as a part of life as it spices up the life. Cheer up! Nothing is negative unless we think it otherwise. Nothing is difficult unless we think it otherwise.

*************************************************************************************
Received another email from B*****. Apparently, he is pissed of with my statement that he can't stand an opinionated educated woman as a reference to myself. I never thought that he will replied this

Dij,

my wife-to-be is an opinionated and educated woman by her own right. i
AM marrying her.
takda masalah pun.
i can stand and withstand any woman or any man whether they are bright or dim.

"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you
hear them speak"

Tengok tu. Tu dia. Ayat garang dia.

It really makes my day. Previously, I will feel sad. This time around, it really makes my day. I feel happy, I sound chirpy and when I walked to see Barbara, I feel as if there are wings on my feet.

This is what I replied to B*****

All the best, B*****!
We hold different piece of a puzzle! Each fit for different set of puzzles. Cheers!

And I add this too (the blue wordings)

"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you
hear them speak" ONLY if you listen and understand what they said well...

Let's see what will he reply tomorrow. Anyway, he can feel annoyed for all I care.

I am happy as I can be. I am grateful with what I have and not have. I am glad that I am still single. I think that to do a PhD and starting a family seems so surreal. Alhamdulillah, what Allah has predestined for me works well for me. Previously, I used to think otherwise and asked myself, why such things happened to me. It is not the right attitude. Ya Allah, please forgive me for being unconsciously ungrateful to You.

Alhamdulillah. There is not enough ways and means to say Thank You to You, Ya Allah. Alhamdulillah.




No comments: