Thursday, February 12, 2009

An idea for a research

I have submitted the research ethics to my supervisor. Hope that I can get whatever feedback from her.

So to chill out, I cooked lunch thinking that K** might come back for lunch before heading for the afternoon class. Msg-ed her. She replied that she has few articles to read and thus, she will stay in the library.

N** and A****** planned to take pictures near Palace Green. I don't feel like going out. I feel that my body has started to get warmer. Nak demam lagi ke? Better take a rest. Enjoying the snow from inside. Yeah. Like Steve said, the best thing to do when it's snowing is to enjoy it from inside where it's warm.

So, here I am blogging, fbooking and whatnot. I have to refine my questionnaire and prepare the slides for presentation in March. Yet, I want to take a break for couples of hours. My stomach feels uncomfortable. Stress related symptom. Alhamdulillah. Just the stomachache, not the vomiting.

While reading others' blogs and whatnot, I got this idea. It would be nice to know the personality of bloggers through their blogs. It might be an academic research. Perhaps, it could be a research for a PhD even! What a thought! It can be realised.

1) "Analysis" of the aesthetics part. Is it simple? What is the font(s) used? What are the colors? What are the pictures posted? The frequency of pictures posted?

2) "Analysis" of the themes. What are the themes of a blog? In other words, what are the topics that a writer wrote in his/her blog?

3) "Analysis" of the wording/sentences used in a blog. Does the writer use third person phrase?

4) "Analysis" of the frequency of blogging. Is it daily? Weekly? Monthly? Or does a writer only write something based on his/her mood? Or based on events that happen to him/her?

5) "Analysis" of the followers' comments. Is it general? Is it argumentative?

6) Lastly, perhaps each blogger will have to answer a personality test like Big 5 Personality Test, or MMPI. By doing so, an analysis of personality could be derived by comparing certain personality with patterns of blogging.

Wah, sounds so simple. I bet there must be some ardent bloggers out there, have thought the same way as I am. Perhaps, there is someone who already embarking in this journey. Yeah. Finding out the bloggers' patterns and personality. Ayy..

Life is fun. Life has lots of unexplored things even after so many things have been discovered. It seems there are lots of thing left undiscovered and waiting to be explored. Life is a never ending exploration. Explore it while we can!

No comments: